Thursday, March 26, 2009

Life is beautiful. Life is wonderful. Appreciate before you never have the chance to appreciate that person anymore.

A Beautiful Lesson. I've learned my lesson. Have you?

The girl in the picture is Katie Kirkpatrick, she is 21 . Next to her, her fiancé, Nick, 23.
The picture was taken shortly before their wedding ceremony, held on January 11, 2005 in the US.
Katie has terminal cancer and spend hours a day receiving medication.
In the picture, Nick is waiting for her on one of the many sessions of chemo to end.

In spite of all the pain, organ failures, and morphine shots, Katie is going along with her wedding and took care
of every detail. The dress had to be adjusted a few times due to her constant weight loss

An unusual accessory at the party was the oxygen tube that ketie used throughout the ceremony and reception as well.
The other couple in the picture are Nick's parents. Excited to see her son marrying his high school sweetheart.



Katie, in her wheelchair with the oxygen tube , listening a song from her husband and friends

At the reception, katie had to take a few rests.The pain do not let her to be standing up for long periods



Katie died five days after her wedding day. Watching a women so ill and weak getting married and with a smile on her face makes us think..... Happiness is reachable, no matter how long it last. We should stop making our lives complicated.
Life is short
Break the rules
forgive quickly
kiss passionately, love truly
laugh constantly
And never stop smiling
no matter how strange life is
Life is not always the party we expected to be
but as long as we are here, we should smile and be grateful.
Ya know, to really appreciate our loved one, it's so hard to do it until we're finally losing it. I'm so glad that Nick and Katie exchanged their vows in the end. It would be a tragic ending for Katie's life if she can't make it till her wedding day with Nick. Salut~ May you rest in peace.
Got this touching email from a friend of mine. And yeah, I must admit that I've pretty much got the meaning of this message. If I ever love someone, appreciate them while they are still around. Not until we lose them. I have lost someone I love a few months back. Thinking back of the past, makes me no perfect person at all. I am not a perfect person. But I surely did learn my lesson well. Quoted this from a close friend of mine who sent me this messages. I've been receiving lotsa meaningful messages from them. Thanks you people!XD
"人生没有几回,懂得珍惜就是幸福,不要让幸福从中溜走,也不要让自己将来过得后悔,一切全靠自己的命运去掌握,而不要让命运掌握我们自己."
e c l i p s e 女郎~谢谢你~哈哈~!!原来我是认识你的.而且认识你很久了却没见过的.哈哈哈!虽然我们有缘没份,但是我还是很开心.因为至少那天你有留意到我看到你.虽然也只是一望而已.但是你我都互相"电"到~!哈哈哈.只是我来得太迟~你已经有伴~不过还是很开心我们可以当朋友.然而,有一天,我想请你喝茶~可以吧?You're the first one after everything happened. It took me a lot of courage to ask you actually. You gave me back my confidence to start over again. I've found my confidence. And all thanks to you! You're my first crush after all those shitty things happened. And finally, I've found myself back. Carefree, happy, and a better person compared to last year!

0 comments: